If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Paris & Ile-de-France, you can list it in the Business Directory free of chargeRead More...
Activity Parks in Paris
There are a number of places in Paris and the Ile-de-France that are dedicated areas to practice sports, and spend time outdoors year round. Here is an introduction to these areas and the facilities they offer...
There are a number of places in Paris and the Ile-de-France that are dedicated areas to practice sports, and spend time outdoors. This page provides some information about the local leisure complexes and which sports can be done where. This is not a comprehensive list but a guide to what can be found where in the Paris and Ile-de-France region.
Parc André Citroen (Arr 15)
Opened in 1992, on the site of the former Citroën car factory, this is one of the largest parks to be recently created in Paris. It houses several feature gardens: the White Garden, the Black Garden, the six Serial Gardens and the Rock Garden. The park was designed to be used by the locals and a number of open spaces have been created for children's games, ball games, there are kids play areas, sand pits, ping-pong tables, abseiling, public lawns and guided visits around the park are also available where you can find out more about the history of the land. There is even a sanitised dog area close to the park.
- At: Quai André Citroën, rue Balard 75015 Paris
Tel: 01 40 71 75 60
Metro: Javel/bd Victor
Base Régionale de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Bois-Le-Roi (77)
This is a 75-hectare open-air park set between the banks of the river Seine and the forest of Fontainbleau. Bois-le-Roi has facilities for horse riding, tennis and golf all year round and archery, mountain biking, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking during the summer months. There is also a restaurant, equipped meeting room, playing fields, climbing wall, swimming, beach volleyball, and sailing instruction. English is spoken.
- Base Régionale de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Bois-Le-Roi
At: Rue de Tournezy, 77590 Bois-le-Roi
Tel: 01 64 81 33 00
- Directions by road: Autoroute A6, exit 12, St-Fargeau/Ponthierry; at the traffic circle turn left, direction Dammarie les Lys, then Bois-le-roi; left direction Bois-le-Roi gare. Follow the arrow signs to UCPA équitation tennis
- GPS: Parking: "chemin des vaches à Bois-le-roi" lat: 48.481008 / long: 2.714995
- Train: From Paris Gare de Lyon Grandes lignes (35 minutes). Direction Sens or Montereau (verify that the train stops at Bois-le-roi). Exit the train at Bois-le-Roi and follow the arrow signs UCPA (approx 25 minutes on foot)
Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Jablines-Annet (77)
This is a large park which offers a number of diverse activities. All year round: catamaran sailing, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, tennis, ping-pong (table-tennis) and horse riding. Summer activities: windsurfing, pedal-boats, mini-golf, mountain biking, swimming, astronomy, micro-rockets and water skiing. English is spoken.
- Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Jablines-Annet
At: 77450 Jablines
Tel: 01 60 26 04 31
- By road: 10 Km from Disneyland and approximately 40 Km from Paris
- By road: Autoroute A4, then take A104 - Exit Meaux-Jablines
- By road: Autoroute A1 or A3, Exit Soisson, A104 direction Marne la Vallée, Exit Claye-Souilly, N3 the exit Jablines, Annet/Marne
Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Buthiers (77)
This park is set in 135 hectares of forest in the south of Ile-de-France. There is a swimming pool, relaxation centre, water-slide, mountain bike circuit, climbing circuit, mini-golf, and tennis, as well as a restaurant, bar, cafeteria and a nature trail. English is spoken.
- Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Buthiers
At: Rue des Roches, 77760 Buthiers
Tel: 01 64 24 12 87
- By road: 70 Km from Paris via the A6, exit 14 Malesherbes; then take N152, follow the signs to Base de Loisirs de Buthiers
- By road: 25 Km from Fontainebleau via the N152, follow the signs to Base de Loisirs de Buthiers
- By road: 15 Km from Milly-la-Forêt via the D410, follow the signs to Base de Loisirs de Buthiers
- v30 Km from Etampes via the D62, cross Malesherbes, direction Fontainebleau
- Train: RER D to Malesherbes, then 25 minutes by foot
260 hectares of peaceful ponds beaches forests and meadows on the banks of the Seine are home to an equestrian centre, sailing club, tennis, pitch-and-putt, golf and sports grounds. During the summer there is swimming, water-slides, kayaking, canoeing, rowing boats for hire, fishing, mountain biking, (VTT circuit) and water-skiing.
There is also accommodation available in the three star campsite, with two restaurants, a bar and meeting rooms. English is spoken
At: Chemin du Rouillard, 78480 Verneuil-sur-Seine
- By road: Autoroute A13, exit 8 Meulan - Les Mureaux then follow the signs to Base de Loisirs du Val de Seine 78
- By road: Autoroute A14 (toll) from La Défense direction Rouen onto the A13 to St-Germain direction Poissy centre, then follow the signs to Base de Loisirs du Val de Seine 78
- Train SNCF: from Paris Saint-Lazare, exit thetrain at De Verneuil - Vernouillet station. From the station take the second way out and turn left and follow the Lacs de la Base de Loisirs just to the beach (la plage), approximately 35 minutes by foot
Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs, Le Port Aux Cerises (91)
This leisure complex offers a wide range of activities not far from the city centre. All year round there is tennis, crazy-golf, science activities and sailing. There are qualified instructors and examiners to do boat driving permits. During the summer months there is also a wave pool, pedal-boats, canoeing and kites flying, as well as a pony club, marina and restaurant. The website is in English.
- Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs, Le Port Aux Cerises
At: Rue du Port aux Cerises, 91210 Draveil
Tel: 01 69 83 46 00
- Directions by road: via the RN7 follow the signs to Base Régionale de Loisirs from the community Juvisy Sur Orge
- Directions by road: from the RN6 after exit Draveil or Vigneux-sur-Seine, follow the signs to Base Régionale de Loisirs
- By train RER C or D: exit the train at Juvisy-sur-Orge (line C or D); the entrance to the Port de Plaisance is 400m
- By train RER C or D: exit the train at Vigneux-sur-Seine (Ligne D) the entrance to the bathing area is approximately 15 minutes away by foot
Parc Départemental Pierre Lagravèr (92)
Located on a 25-hectare island on the Seine, this park offers a riverside setting for relaxation and sport, ideal for runners and cyclists. A total of five kilometres of paths are laid out in a loop and provide a large number of routes for walkers and runners. A cycle track runs alongside the park and a mountain biking track has been constructed to international standards. Features include a skating rink, Olympic pool, tennis courts, merry-go-round, children's playground, food outlets, fountains and a jogging trail.
- Parc Départemental Pierre Lagravèr
At: Ile Marante, 92700 Colombes
Tel: 01 47 84 46 52
- By bus: Line 366 and exit at stop Parc Pierre Lagravère
Base Régionale de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Créteil (94)
This park combines sporting facilities with a chance to learn about nature and ecology. There are catering facilities and function rooms so that you can celebrate a special event. As well as tennis, swimming pool, playground, restaurant, sailing, canoeing, windsurfing, table tennis, (ping-pong), wave pool, and fishing.
- Base Régionale de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Créteil
At: Rue Jean Gabin, 94000 Creteil
Tel: 01 48 98 44 56
- Directions by road: from Paris take Porte de Bercy autoroute A4 direction Metz – Nancy; then take A86 direction Créteil, exit Hôtel de Ville. At the Préfecture, follow the signs to Novotel and the signs to the park
- By train: Métro ligne 8, exit at Créteil Préfecture then follow the signs
- By train: RER C, exit at Choisy-le-Roi then take bus 393
- By train: RER A, exit at Saint-Maur Créteil then take TVM direction Rungis, exit at Base de Loisirs de Créteil
- By bus: lines 117, 217, 281, 308, 317, 393 exit at the Préfecture stop
Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Cergy-Neuville (95)
This is a multi-activity leisure centre in 250 hectares of land in the Val d'Oise region. The centre combines water and land sports and English is spoken. There is a special water ski/tow that is unique to the region, pitch and putt, sailing, children's playground, pedal boats, swimming, water-skiing, kayaking, badminton, rock climbing and tennis.
- Base de Plein Air et de Loisirs de Cergy-Neuville
At: Rue des Étangs, 95001 Cergy
Tel: 01 30 30 21 55
Getting to the Étangs de Cergy-Neuville
- Directions by road: from Paris take the motorway A15, exit 9, direction to Cergy, then follow les Étangs de Cergy-Neuville
- By RER express train: RER A, get off at Cergy-Préfecture, then take bus 48 and get off at Base de Leisure
- By train from Paris St-Lazare: get off at Cergy-Préfecture, then take bus 48
- By train from Paris Gare du Nord: get off at Pontoise, then take bus 45 and 48
Plage de L'Isle-Adam (95)
Plage l'Isle d'Adam is the largest "river beach" in France, it was created in 1895 as a getaway for the Parisians. The beach covers 3 hectares with one hectare of imported fine sand. In the summer there are beach sports.
- Plage de L'Isle-Adam
At: 1 avenue du Général de Gaulle, 95290 l'Isle Adam
Tel: 01 34 69 01 68
- By road: 32 Km from Paris centre, take the A1 then N1 direction Beauvais, or via the A15, A115, next the N184, or via the A1 and A3 via Roissy
- By road: from Cergy-Pontoise, take the N184
- By train: from Paris-Gare du Nord exit at Persan via Valmondois
Les Boucles de Seine (78)
The Base de Loisirs des Boucles de Seine is a 350 hectares recreation site with 120 hectares of lakes, approximately 70 Km north west of Paris and 15 Km from Mantes-la-Jolie and Vernon. The park has a restaurant as well as a café/restaurant at the lake. It also has accommodation with 70 beds, 200 campsites and 18 and a 6 hole golf course, 6 tennis courts (2 covered) and water sports, catering for the whole family.
- Base de Loisirs Les Boucles de Seine
At: 78840 Moisson
Tel: 01 34 79 33 34
Fax: 01 34 79 31 70
- From Paris: Autoroute A13 direction Rouen, exit 14, Bonnières-sur-Seine, direction Bonnières centre then follow the signs to Base Régionale de Loisirs de Moisson-Mousseaux
Bois de Boulogne (Arr 16)
The Bois de Boulogne is a large wooden park (which is two and a half time larger than Central Park in New York, and three and a third times larger than Hyde Park in London). It is located along the western edge of the 16th arrondissement of Paris, near the suburb of Boulogne-Billancourt.
The northern part of the Bois de Boulogne has the Jardin d'Acclimatation, an amusement park with a menagerie and other attractions. The park includes a range of facilities for children's activities: an archery range, house of mirrors, miniature-golf course, narrow-gauge train, pony ride, puppet theatre, shooting galleries, miniature road system for children operated by the Paris police, an art museum for children.
- Bois de Boulogne
Tel: 01 40 71 75 60
Fax: 01 40 71 93 56
- Bus: 244, Bagatelle, Pré Catelan
- Metro: Porte Dauphine, Porte Maillot
The Bois de Vincennes (Arr 12)
The Bois de Vincennes is a park in the English landscape manner to the east of Paris. It has several sports venues and in the eastern part a hippodrome, a horse track specialising in trotting races. There is also a velodrome (cycle circuit), and the offices of the French national institute of sports and physical education. In the west is a zoo, which breeds Asian elephants, and has the notable feature of a 65m high monolith, home to a herd of mouflons, an ancient breed of wild sheep. The Arboretum de l'École du Breuil, in the park's southeast corner, is a municipal arboretum established in 1936.
The Bois de Vincennes has four lakes, all fed from the Marne River.
Base de Loisirs d'Etampes (91)
Located 45 Km south of Paris, the Base Régionale de Loisirs d'Etampes is an area where people can discover nature and participate in various types of sport activities. The park is 90 hectares and has a wave swimming pool, archery bi-cross, pétanque as well as fishing and boating.
- Base de Loisirs d'Etampes
At: 5 ave Charles De Gaulle, 91150 Etampes
- By road: Via RN20, exit Etampes and follow signs to the "Base de Loisirs"
- By train: RER C, get off at Etampes station and follow the signs for a 20 minute walk
At 600 hectares, this is the largest recreational and lake area in the region of Ile de France. There is a wide variety of sport and recreational activities, including sailing, horse riding, golf, tennis, and hiking discovery trails. There are also restaurants and camping sites.
- Base de Loisirs de St Quentin en Yvelines
At: RD 912, Rond-point Eric Tabarly, 78190 Trappes
Tel: 01 30 16 44 40
Fax: 01 30 62 91 72
- By road: Autoroute A12, Exit St-Quentin and at the traffic circle, follow signs to the Base de Loisirs
- By train: RER C, then descend at St-Quentin-en-Yvelines and walk 10 minutes or take Bus 463
Base de Loisirs de Vaires-Torcy (77)
Recreation site with a 90 hectare lake area available for sailing, canoe-kayaking, horse riding, a beach for swimming, tennis, squash, badminton and even fitness classes. Canoé-kayak.
- Base de Loisirs de Vaires-Torcy
At: Route de Lagny, 77200 Torcy
Tel: 01 60 20 02 04
- By road: take A4 then A104 direction de Lagny and take exit 10 Vaires St-Thibault
- By road from Vaires: follow the signs to Stade international d’aviron canoé kayak
- By road from Torcy: follow the signs to the Parc de loisirs de Torcy
- By train: from Paris Gare de l’Est, exit the train at Vaires-sur-Marne
- By bus: take bus 421 or 211 and descend (for Vaires) at le Canal stop and for Torcy, Rond Point des Cantines
Forex Cross Rates
Forex Cross Rates
Discussed on 25/05/2013 at 11:01
Discussed on 25/05/2013 at 00:24
Discussed on 24/05/2013 at 10:03